ENVISION is an eight-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at providing assistance to national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of seven targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three soil-transmitted helminths (roundworm, hookworm, whipworm). ENVISION contributes to the global goal of reducing the burden of targeted NTDs so that they are no longer a public health problem.
ENVISION is implemented by RTI International in partnership with CBM International, The Carter Center, Fred Hollows Foundation, Helen Keller International, IMA World Health, Light for the World, Sightsavers, and World Vision. The period of performance for ENVISION is September 30, 2011 through September 30, 2019*.
- Disease mapping
- Mass drug administration (MDA)
- NTD monitoring and evaluation
- Capacity strengthening
- Implementing disease specific assessments
- Drug and diagnostics procurement
- Technical Assistance Facility (TAF)
- Global leadership in NTDs
- Operational Research
* In October 2015, USAID awarded RTI International a three-year extension for the project.